Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church is the official name given to our church when it was established in 1885. Through the years we were simply called “St. Mary’s” or “St. Mary’s of Albany”. There are MANY churches that go by the name of St. Mary’s, so the Archbishop has asked that we all use our given names to help differentiate between parishes.
The following link tells of the history of our church. At the time it was created, we still went by St. Mary’s. We have left it that way, since that was truly part of our history.